Skip to Content

International Students

Patrick & Henry Community College is a two-year, non-residential, commuter college. We welcome applications from qualified international students who meet our academic, financial, and language requirements. Our Admissions & Records Office complies fully with federal laws and regulations regarding admission and course enrollment of all immigrant and non-immigrant students.

Patrick & Henry Community College is approved by the United States Department of Homeland Security for education of non-immigrant alien students.

SEVIS Approved Programs

The following programs at Patrick & Henry Community College are approved by SEVIS to accept international applicants:

  • Associate of Science in Business Administration
  • Associate of Science in Education
  • Associate of Science in General Studies
  • Associate of Science in Health Sciences
  • Associate of Science in Science
  • Associate of Science in Social Sciences

General Information

  • International students are classified as out-of-state students for tuition payment purposes.
  • Federal financial aid is not available to F-1 Visa international students. Funds must be readily available for tuition payment at time of registration.
  • You may also be required to take the VPT prior to enrolling in courses.

Admissions Requirements for English Proficiency

All applicants whose first language is not English are required to adequately demonstrate English competency as a part of the application process. Students may demonstrate competency by submitting scores from the following:

Patrick & Henry Community College only accepts scores submitted electronically by the chosen test center. An institutional code is NOT required for IELTS. For TOEFL, use CEEB school code 5549.

    • Fall- July 1

    • Spring- Nov 1

1. Complete the online application for admissions to Patrick & Henry Community College and from the program list, choose only one of the following: Business Administration, General Studies, or Science.

2. Complete all forms in the International Student Packet and submit to

3. Have official transcripts from US high schools, colleges, or universities sent electronically to the Office of Admissions and Records via a secure third-party vendor (i.e., Parchment, National Student Clearing House, and Scribbles).
Non-US college transcripts must be evaluated and received from a credentialing agency. Visit to find an agency.

Evaluations should be mailed to:

Office of Admissions and Records
Patrick & Henry Community College
645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville VA 24112

4. Have official test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, SAT, ACT,) sent electronically to the Office of Admissions and Records, use CEEB code 5549 where applicable.

Steps for F-1 Visa Student Transfer Process

1. Complete the application for admissions to Patrick & Henry Community College.

2. Complete the top of the Transfer in form and have your DSO at your current school complete the bottom.

3.  Provide a photocopy of current I-20.

4.  Complete the F-1 Student Financial Statement.

5. Have your sponsor complete and sign the Sponsor Affidavit of support.

6. Provide a current bank statement reflecting estimated yearly cost or complete the Bank/financial institution form.

Submit all documents via email to or in person to the office of Admissions & Records.

7. Have your current school send your official transcript.

1.    Complete the Transfer out form

2.    Send the completed transfer out form and a copy of your acceptance letter to

F-1 Visa Student Contacts

PDSO – Jessica M. Carter
Coordinator of Admissions & Records, Registrar

DSO – Megan Walker
Student Success Navigator/Advising Technologies Lead

International Student Support Resources

International Student Insurance Information

Government regulations require that you must demonstrate your ability to pay medical expenses while attending school in the United States. You will be required to purchase international student health insurance. P&HCC does not have a preferred insurer. You may obtain insurance from the vendor or company of your choice. Below are a couple of vendors that have reached out to the college.

Back to top