Scholarships Outside of PHCC
Listed below are scholarships, some through outside agencies and are not restricted to PHCC students. Please review this list often whether you attend here or plan to transfer. This listing is updated as scholarships are made known to the Financial Aid office.
The Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) offers internship opportunities. Application deadlines vary. Check their website for internships available.
- Langley Aerospace research Summer Scholars Program (LARSS) (http://www.nianet.org/larss/)
The VFCCE will again offer the prestigious Valley Proteins Fellowships to students planning to enter their second (full) academic year at a Va Community College. Fellows will be selected for the 2013-14 academic year based on their strong academic records, leadership potential and commitment to community service.
The Award: In addition to receiving up to $5,000 for tuition, books, fees, and supplies, the program provides the Fellows with opportunities to share in cultural and educational experiences and meet with successful business and government leaders from across the commonwealth. Fellows may also apply for a $3,000 summer stipend. In addition to receiving a fellowship valued at approximately $15,000, the Fellows will receive support and inspiration from each other to continue pursuing their educational goals and serving their community—priceless! Download the application is posted now: http://www.vccs.edu/Foundation/Scholarships.aspx
- Hughes Memorial Foundation: awards Scholarships to individuals for higher education or job training with preference being given to needy and/or disadvantaged children living in the Virginia counties of Pittsylvania, Halifax, Mecklenburg, Charlotte, Campbell, Bedford, Franklin, Henry and Patrick. Applications are accepted in the spring with a deadline of April 1st and September 1st. The application and ALL required supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline to be considered.
- Carolina Keys Memorial Scholarship – This scholarship is open to residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia who have Confederate heritage, are attending a Virginia institution of higher education, and are majoring in a medical related field. The award may be up to $500 per semester. Application deadline is June 1 for the Fall semester and December 1 for the Spring semester. Applications are available at the Patrick Henry Community College Financial Aid Office.
- The Veterans United Foundation’s primary goal is to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay tuition and books. To be eligible, the applicant must be a current active-duty service member, a veteran, spouse or child of a veteran/military member, or a surviving spouse/child. Applicants must display financial need and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
Deadlines are March 15 –Spring scholarships and September 15 –Fall scholarships to initiate the application process. For details go to http://www.enhancelives.com/.
Health Focus of Southwest Virginia Scholarship Program: Your GPA must be 2.75 or better before being considered. *Failure to complete any and all questios will be automatically considered incomplete. Answer all questions with N/A for those not applicable. You MUST be accepted into a medical program before you are eligible for a scholarship. You DO NOT qualify for a scholarship if you are taking any prerequisite courses (example: Pre-Nursing, Pre-OT).
Bragg, Meiller, Blount, Rush, Johnston Scholarship
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must have at least a 3.0 gpa
- Must be a resident of Virginia
Attach a short personal statement to the application (less than 500 words) that highlights academic and extracurricular achievements. You can also get an application from Financial Aid in the Walker building.