Scholarships Outside of PHCC
Langley Aerospace research Summer Scholars Program (LARSS) (http://www.nianet.org/larss/)
Hughes Memorial Foundation: awards Scholarships to individuals for higher education or job training with preference being given to needy and/or disadvantaged children living in the Virginia counties of Pittsylvania, Halifax, Mecklenburg, Charlotte, Campbell, Bedford, Franklin, Henry and Patrick. Applications are accepted in the spring with a deadline of April 1st and September 1st. The application and ALL required supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline to be considered.
The Veterans United Foundation’s primary goal is to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay tuition and books. To be eligible, the applicant must be a current active-duty service member, a veteran, spouse or child of a veteran/military member, or a surviving spouse/child. Applicants must display financial need and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. Deadlines are March 15 –Spring scholarships and September 15 –Fall scholarships to initiate the application process. For details go to http://www.enhancelives.com/.
Health Focus of Southwest Virginia Scholarship Program: Your GPA must be 2.75 or better before being considered. You MUST be accepted into a medical program before you are eligible for a scholarship.
* Instructions for the Health Focus Scholarship
Health Focus Scholarship application
Education Portal is accepting submissions for the Tuition Won't Stop Me Scholarship. You can find all of instructions and rules here: http://education-portal.com/articles/Tuition_Scholarship.html. Students can apply for our $1000 Tuition Won't Stop Me Scholarship from now until September 13th at 5 pm PST. All they have to do is create a short video about their experience using credit by exam (CLEP, DSST, Excelsior, AP, etc.) to cut the cost of their degree and fill out a brief entry form. Education Portal knows that with the rising cost of tuition, students are finding it harder to complete their degrees. We think everyone is entitled to a higher education regardless of financial status and we are committed to helping students reduce their student loan debt. Last time we offered this scholarship, Alyssa Snow of Azusa Pacific University was awarded $1000 to help further her education. You can watch her winning video entry here.
Education Portal is now accepting applications for our 2013-2014 academic scholarships in several fields of study. Scholarships awarded to undergraduate students and graduate students, as well as to distance learning students in any field. The application deadline is April 1, 2014.
These scholarships are for students pursuing associate's or bachelor's degrees.
• Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement: $500
• Liberal Arts and General Studies: $500
• Architecture, Drafting and Related Fields: $500
• Computer Science or Computer Engineering: $1,000
You can find our scholarships' terms and conditions here: http://education-portal.com/articles/Contest_Rules.html
10. Martinsville Area Community Foundation: Scholarship Application - deadline is April 1, 2014 at 5:00 P.M.
11. Delta Kappa Gamma Society Beta Chapter scholarship: deadline April 1, 2014. You can get an application here or from the financial aid office in the Walker building on the main campus.
The applicant must be
a. a female, rising junior or senior or graduate level at a college/university in Virginia;
b. majoring in a teacher preparation curriculum;
c. carrying a full-time credit load as determined by her university/college;
d. maintaining at least a 3.0 grade average; and
e. a resident of the greater Richmond area: City of Richmond, counties of Henrico, Powhatan, Goochland, Chesterfield, Charles City, New Kent, and Hanover.
12. Foundation for Roanoke Valley: several scholarships
13. Dorothy Hall Scholarship: available to members of the Virginia Credit Union. The Financial Aid Office at PHCC has brochures on the scholarship or you may go to vacu.org for more information. Deadline is March 31, 2014.
14. Student Scholarships: several scholarships listed on this site.
15. Heroes' Legacy Scholarship: The 2014 program is now open! Applications must be postmarked by March 15, 2014.The "Heroes' Legacy Scholarships" program honors not only those who have fallen in battle, but all who have died or have become disabled through their active military service since September 11, 2001. Open to their dependent unmarried children under age 23.