Patrick Henry Community
Scholarship Application Online Interview
Foundation Scholarships are financial awards to students on the basis of grades, community service or other requirements set forth by individual scholarship donors. Gifts from individuals and local community organizations have made these scholarships possible. They are available to all qualified students enrolled at PHCC. Contact the Foundation office for additional information.
1. You may apply and submit on line for scholarships available
for the 2016/17
2. Before you begin your application you will need the following information:
Your high school GPA or the date of your GED
You must have completed an Application for Admissions and have it on file at PHCC.
Your assigned Virginia Community College System credentials (username and password)
In order to be eligible for scholarships based on financial need you must have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at PHCC.
3. Be sure to follow instructions and answer each question
carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
4. You will NOT be able to edit your responses once you have Submitted the Application.
5. Deadline to apply, submit letters of recommendation, and return your signed Certification/Affidavit page to the Foundation Office in Frith Room 146 is Tuesday 05/31/2016 @ 4:00 pm. Your application is NOT considered complete until you turn in the signed Certification/Affidavit page.
6. You will be notified by mail if you have been selected for a Foundation Scholarship. Award letters will be mailed to the address on your Scholarship application by 07/01/2016.
7. For other available scholarships and financial assistance contact the Financial Aid Office.
In the following pages we will ask you a few questions which are necessary to apply for all scholarships at Patrick Henry Community College. You must answer each question fully to be eligible for the scholarships. Although not all information is required for each scholarship leaving any information out could reduce your chances of being selected.
Patrick Henry Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Affirmative Action Coordinator, Francis T. West Hall, room 148, (276) 656-0214. This includes access to electronic information and services.
Once you have completed the interview process we will show all scholarships for which you qualify. The actual selection of scholarship winners will be decided by the PHCC Scholarship Selection Committee.