December 2014 Associate Degree Nursing Graduates
Emergency Medical Services - Philpott Hall Room 126 Kari Whitney, EMS Coordinator (276)656-0328 Advising by Appointment.: EMS/Paramedic application period is March 6 - May 30, 2015. Applications can be downloaded from the link below under "Nursing & EMS Application Periods." Please contact Kari Whitney for additional information.
Nursing/Health Careers - Philpott Hall room 123 you can receive advising for Associate Degree Nursing, RN - BSN, Practical Nursing, Therapeutic Massage, Health Science Certificate (Pre-Allied Health Careers), Nurse Aide, & Pharmacy Technician. Please come to the nursing office to see Susan Selman, Health Career Advisor, (276-656-0282) or Amy Webster, Program Head for Nursing & Health Sciences (276-656-0248) for advising &/or registration for classes.
It is very important for all students who are interested in a Nursing, EMS, or another
career in health care to see one of our advisors for assistance in planning their
academic course sequence each semeser. Prior to coming in for advising,
please folow the steps listed below:
1. Apply to be a student at PHCC.
2. Take the College Placement Test* (If a student has not had previous
college level math and/or english)
3. Have official transcripts from any college attended sent to the Office
of Admissions & Records located in the Walker Building.
4. If interested in applying for financial aid, students will need to contact
the Financial Aid office.
5. Students interested in the RN or the LPN program should bring a copy
of their high school transcript with them when they meet with an advisor.
Walk-In ADVISING HOURS (Walk-In Advising Hours do not require an appointment)
Office closes from Noon - 1pm each day unless otherwise posted.
|Mo-May 25||College Closed|
|Tu-May 26||9am - 5:30pm
First Day of Summer classes
|We-May 27||9am - 5pm|
|Th-May 28||9am - Noon|
|Fr-May 29||Advising by Appointment|
|Mo-June 1||1pm - 5pm|
|Tu-June 2||9am - 5pm|
|We-June 3||9am - 5pm|
|Th-June 4||9am - Noon|
|Fr-June 5||Advising by Appointment|
|Mo-June 8||9am - 5pm|
|Tu-June 9||9am - 5pm|
**Therapeutic Massage begins a new cycle in Fall 2015. Come in now to be sure you have the pre-requisites to begin this program!
NURSING & EMS APPLICATION PERIODS
Admission to core nursing classes and the EMS-Paramedic is by application. Applications are accepted during the published application times ONLY. See below for more information.
- EMS/Paramedic - The next application period for the EMS Program is March 6 - May 15, 2015. You can download the application HERE or copies are available in the EMS office: Philpott room 126. For information about the application process or for questions about the application, please contact Kari Whitney, EMS Program Director Office: (276)656-0328 Fax: (276)656-0261
- RN - The Spring semester application period is now closed. The next application period will be October 5 - 9, 2015 for the class that will begin in January 2016. Reminder: There is no waiting list - applicants who were not accepted during the last application period will need to re-apply if they are still interested.
- LPN - RN Transition The next application period for LPN's interested in applying to the RN program will be October 5 - 9, 2015 for the class that will begin in January 2016. Interested LPN's need to have completed the pre-requisites for the RN program at the time of application & have the following general education courses completed prior to starting the program in January 2016: ENG 111, BIO 231, PSY 230, & SDV 108. Please contact the nursing office for more information.
- LPN - The application period for admission to the Practical Nursing program that will begin in August 2015 is now closed. The next application period for the class that will begin in January 2017 is scheduled for October 2016.
Patrick Henry Community College Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3342 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, Georgia 30326 (804) 367-4515
The Patrick Henry Community College Associate Degree Nursing Program and the Certificate Practical Nursing Program are approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300 Henrico, VA 23233; (404) 975--5000.
NCLEX-RN & NCLEX-PN Pass Rates are calculated based on the graduate's first testing attempt & reflect the previous semester enrollment.
Health Science Information Links
Transition LPN to RN Advising Spreadsheet
Therapeutic Massage The core massage classes are taught in a 3 semester sequence. The new cycle will begin Fall semester 2015.
Online Resources for Career Information: these websites include information about many different career fields.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Explore Health Careers
- Diving Into Health Careers
- My Next Move
- Sloan Career Cornerstone Center
- America’s Career InfoNet
Generally, you can expect the web content maintained by reputable professional organizations to be reliable. Weddle’s Professional Association Directory provides links to professional associations organized by industry and career field. Professional association websites usually have a career information section or resources for students.