Are you ready to start this semester?
- _____Apply to PHCC - If you took dual enrollment classes in the past three years, after you graduate from high school you only need to come to the Admissions Office in the Walker Fine Arts/Student Center to change your program of study. If you have never been a student at Patrick Henry Community College, submit your application as soon as possible.
- _____Receive empl ID - After an application is complete, you will be issued an Empl ID number. (Look up your Empl ID number). It is important to always remember your Empl ID and your school email address. You need this information to take placement tests, register for classes, and access personal academic information.
- _____Take Virginia Placement Test (VPT) - VPT results help PHCC counselors place students in appropriate courses. If you have taken the SAT or the ACT within the past two years, those test scores may be used to waive the placement test if you scored high enough.
- _____Apply for financial aid - When you apply online using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you will usually receive results in two to four weeks. (Financial aid-specific questions can be directed to 855-874-6692)
- _____Academic Advising - Meet with an advisor to schedule classes. One of those classes should be SDV 108 (College Survival Skills) during your first semester. Contact the Center for New Students for more information.
- _____Pay for courses - Payment for all classes is due on the day you register. If financial aid hasn't been applied to your account, then payment must be made out of pocket or you will be dropped from all classes. There are several opportunities to obtain financial support and there are several payment options so be sure to plan early for this.
Admissions Office | 276-656-0301 | Walker - Room 240