Virginia Tobacco Indemnification
and Community Revitalization Commission
First Generation Student
- Must maintain good academic standing and make satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree, diploma, or certificate in order to remain eligible. GPA of 2.0 is required for any previous college work and must be achieved and maintained to receive funding during each semester.
- Student must have completed the FAFSA and used all other financial assistance prior to Tobacco funds. The Financial Aid Office will verify FAFSA completion prior to an award decision.
- Must be a Virginia resident within the Southside or Southwest region, as defined by the Tobacco Commission and not considered an out of state student for tuition purposes. Residential addresses will be verified in the applicant’s student records.
- Must be a first generation college student (meaning neither parent has received a college degree Associates or higher) and/or the applicant has not previously earned a college degree (Associates or higher).
- Applicant must contact the Foundation office for additional funding EACH academic semester. Awarding of this scholarship is contingent upon AVAILABLE funding and is not guaranteed.
You MUST complete every field